6.26.2013

Who Lives in a Pineapple Under the Sea?


(I couldn't help it - for some reason I've had the Spongebob theme song stuck in my head all morning) 

Good morning, day 2!

This whole juicing thing is WAY easier than I imagined it would be.  The juices are delicious and, astonishingly, I'm not hungry at all!  I did a lot of research before starting my cleanse, and one of the things people seem to find the most difficult are the "detox" symptoms.  These happen because your body is used to getting certain toxins and other junk from the processed food you eat, so when you eliminate those foods, your body goes through something resembling withdrawal.  I was fully prepared to be launched into headaches, fatigue, diarrhea (ya I said it...we were all thinking it), nausea, and whatever else unpleasant came my way, but I haven't really had any of it! I had one tiny little itty bitty headache last night that lasted for about 15 minutes - that was it!  Quick! Someone please knock on wood!

The recipe I have for you today is the second juice of the day, and by far my favorite. It is sweetest freshest pineapple juice you have ever tasted in your life with just a little bit of minty kick.

-recipe after the jump-
Pineapple Apple Mint Juice (P.A.M.)
Makes 1 16 oz serving

1/2 Pineapple
2 Large Green Apples
A few pinches of Mint

1) Remove the outer skin and core of the pineapple
2) Quarter the apples 
3) Juice away!!
4) If the total juice is less than 16 oz, add water to bring the total volume up


No comments:

Post a Comment